I had the privilege of meeting Jared Spool way back in 2009 during UPA’s User Friendly conference in Shanghai, and since then I have been intrigued by his work. Here is an oldie-but-goodie talk he did on building a winning UX Strategy from the Kano Model at the Delight Conference. In this talk, Jared covers how to:
- Prune features to avoid experience rot
- Diligently scour the experience for missed expectations
- Use pleasure, flow, and meaning to create delightful UX
- Remember delighters become basic expectations
- Innovate with baby steps to the aspirational experience
What is the Kano Methodology
The Kano Model is one of many prioritization frameworks designed to help product teams prioritize initiatives. Kano can help teams determine which features will satisfy and even delight customers.