AutoCAD® Utility Design software is a model-based design solution for electrical distribution networks that combines design and documentation with standards-driven workflows and analysis. Utility designers and engineers can improve productivity, analyze and optimize network designs for performance and reliability, and deliver more consistent and coordinated construction documentation—all in a familiar AutoCAD® software environment.
My responsibilities as design manager for the AutoCAD Utility Design 2012 release project were:
- Assist Product Management group with Product Definition and Requirements Prioritization;
- Work with Software Architects to create and review Design Briefs;
- Project and People Management of a team of user experience professionals with planning and coordination of user research activities;
- Produce and/or review various User Experience Design deliverables (like Use Case Documents, SwinLane Diagrams);
- Request, review and approve visual design documentation;
- Plan, coordinate and execute various usability engineering activities (i.e.: Concept Validation, Usability Testing, etc).
Smart model based design
AutoCAD Utility Design allows you to design your Utility Network in an AutoCAD environment, creating shareable, industry-specific models for electrical distribution networks with simplified layout tools, ready for validation and resolution Optimization.
AutoCAD Utility Design will help you create the next generation of Smart Grids with its new Analysis features, like Smart Grid Load Calculators (Residential/Commercial customers and electric vehicles); Voltage drop and flicker; pulling tension; sag, and guying; transformer, conductor and duct sizing.
View your Network in 3D
See the results of your design in 3D, before they are real.