AutoCAD® Map 3D mapping software for model-based infrastructure planning and management helps integrate CAD and GIS data to inform GIS, planning, and engineering decisions. With intelligent industry data models and tools, you can apply regional and discipline-specific standards. Integrating spatial information into a database makes data available throughout the organization, helping you improve quality, productivity, and asset management.
My responsibilities as design manager for the AutoCAD Map3D 2013 release project were:
- Spearhead a product line-wide initiative to replace the traditional product requirements gathering process with a new User Centered approach of researching/validating user needs, in order to assist Product Management group with Product Definition and Requirements Prioritization;
- Project and People Management of a team of user experience professionals, responsible planning and coordination of user research activities;
- Produce and/or review various User Experience Design deliverables (like Design Briefs, SwinLane Diagrams, Use Case Documents, Paper Prototypes, Conceptual Designs, Design Specifications);
- Request, review and approve visual design documentation;
- Plan, coordinate and execute various usability engineering activities (i.e.: Concept Validation, Usability Testing, etc).
Data Exchange with Civil 3D and AutoCAD Utility Design
AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 helps you utilize the same data in different products. Share data more easily between AutoCAD Map 3D, Autodesk® Infrastructure Modeler, AutoCAD® Civil 3D®, and AutoCAD® Utility Design software. Sharing industry data models helps teams to work more efficiently and effectively on projects.
Publish Native DWG to Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server
Publish a single DWG directly to Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server using AutoCAD Map 3D 2013, or publish multiple drawing files into a single map definition by using Infrastructure Studio 2013. When publishing to Autodesk® Infrastructure Map Server software, FDO layers and AutoCAD layers—together with data filters—are published together, providing 100 percent visual and data fidelity of DWG files without conversion
Dynamic Legends, North Arrows & Scale Bars
Improve public view documents, such as maps and exhibits, with north arrows, scale bars, dynamic legends, and more viewports within the exhibit documentation.