Autodesk Releases the SketchBook Pro App for iPad on the App Store
Autodesk announced the availability of the Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad, a new professional-grade paint and drawing application designed exclusively for the iPad. The app is available on the App Store at www.itunes.com/appstore.
Autodesk SketchBook® Pro for iPad is a professional-grade paint and drawing application. Using the same paint engine as its desktop counterpart, SketchBook Pro delivers a complete set of sketching & painting tools through a streamlined and intuitive user interface designed exclusively for the iPad experience.
The Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad combines high-quality digital pencils, pens, markers and airbrushes with a Multi-Touch gesture-based user interface, enabling users to create everything from quick sketches to high-quality artwork. Geared for both occasional doodlers and professional illustrators, SketchBook Pro transforms the iPad into the ultimate digital sketchbook. Using the same paint engine as its desktop and mobile counterparts, the new SketchBook Pro App for iPad delivers a complete set of sketching and painting tools through a streamlined and intuitive user interface.
“The launch of the iPad brings both creative professionals and consumers unparalleled sketching capabilities on a mobile device,” said Samir Hanna, vice president of digital concept at Autodesk. “The SketchBook Pro App for iPad provides a fun drawing and painting environment that also applies widely to professional artists and designers from all industries.”
Key new features in the Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad include:
- Full-screen 1024 x 768 work space with support for any device orientation;
- An innovative Multi-Touch interface that delivers an immersive and streamlined experience;
- 75 brushes with customizable settings, including synthetic pressure sensitivity and brush modes for free sketching and creating straight lines, ellipses and rectangles;
- Six full-resolution layers per sketch with complete control over layer order, visibility and opacity;
- A built-in, live news page that alerts artists to upcoming events and highlights featured artists and their SketchBook creations.