Autodesk Launches Online Site for AutoCAD Users to Interact and Learn from Each Other
Autodesk announced recently the AutoCAD Exchange, an online destination for AutoCAD users to connect and learn from experts, provide feedback to the product developers, and access professional tools that can help them do their jobs better. The online community is rich with original multimedia content, including an entertaining video series about “working for the man“, eLearning tools and aggregated CAD information from Web-based resources. Visitors can also create profiles to personalize their experience and share their own tips, scripts and applications, projects and experiences with the global community of AutoCAD users.
“With millions of AutoCAD enthusiasts around the world, we wanted to harness the power of sharing information in one, centralized location,” said Guri Stark, vice president, AutoCAD and Platform Products. “AutoCAD Exchange provides designers and drafters with the ability to quickly connect with one another, learn from each other, and access educational tools to do their jobs more effectivel.
AutoCAD Exchange is the first fully comprehensive online portal for AutoCAD users, bringing together a wide-ranging assortment of multi-media resources and content sharing tools for designers, including:
- AutoCAD Tips –AutoCAD Exchange provides users with an opportunity to hear directly from the product development team to garner tips and tricks from technical marketing experts for all AutoCAD-based products, leveraging video demonstrations for greater impact. Visitors can also hear from industry experts like Robert Green on best practices for managing and enforcing CAD standards through a series of videos.
- User Collaboration –Users can upload their work and gather instant feedback from their peers with commenting capabilities in the showcase.
- CAD Resources – Users have access to a wide variety of resources on the AutoCAD Exchange site, including eLearning curriculum, and Autodesk University courses, among others. Additionally, a robust Google-based search engine makes it easy to find information from Autodesk and across the Web.
- Daily Blog Feed – A blog role provides users with the latest in CAD news, featuring posts in a daily feed from CAD industry bloggers, as well as Autodesk bloggers like Shaan Hurley, Heidi Hewitt and Lynn Allen.
- Online Help – Previously only available within the AutoCAD application, users can now get answers to their questions quickly with online help for AutoCAD 2010.
The launch of AutoCAD Exchange coincides with the availability of the Autodesk 2010 design software product line, including AutoCAD 2010. The latest release of AutoCAD software provides even more power and innovation to document, communicate, explore and customize design ideas. AutoCAD 2010 introduces powerful new capabilities to help users tackle their most challenging design problems, including free-form design tools, parametric drawing and enhanced PDF support.