Watch Jared Spool’s “Using the Kano Model to Build Delightful UX” talk
I had the privilege of meeting Jared Spool way back in 2009 during UPA’s User Friendly conference in Shanghai, and since then I have been intrigued by his work. Here is an oldie-but-goodie talk he did on building a winning UX Strategy from the Kano Model at the Delight Conference.
The key points are:
- Prune features to avoid experience rot
- Diligently scour the experience for missed expectations
- Use pleasure, flow, and meaning to identify possible delighters
- Remember delighters become basic expectations
- Innovate with baby steps to the aspirational experience